View Profile SourJovis

44 Movie Reviews

Looks and sounds great. I like the message. So true. Feedback is great. It's good to reflect upon. Often it's best ignored though, because it's just a difference in taste. If you create something artistically there will always be people who tell you to change it. But there will also be others who like what you made exactly because you did all of those things the first one didn't like. So I suppose you should just trust your own instinct, know you can't please everyone and hope for like minded people to find your art.

I've found your's.

SoraNgin responds:

Agreed! And thank you for the kind words! :)

That was a funny animation. Good facial expressions. Audio could be cleaner. Animation was good enough. Voice acting was good. Thanks for making me smile.

This game looks beautiful. Some of the backgrounds look very bland, but I trust you will work on those. Looking forward to the finished version.

32 Game Reviews

Great game! I love the humor. It's much better than you would expect from the artwork alone. At first glance it looks like any ordinary troll game, but it's actually very polished, and the gameplay is great. I also like how you put a lot of effort in making this game cinematic. The jokes wouldn't work any other way. I truly enjoyed playing this.

OOGIDIBA responds:

Thanks! I spent way too much time on the cut scenes haha. It's good to hear people are making it to them!

Great! I like the Gorillaz music. It looks a bit too much like mega man. The main character in any case. I think you should change the graphics a bit more to make it look more unique. Also I think the jump sound should be longer. You should definitely make this a full game. I'd help with the 8-bit music if you want.

I like this game. It could easily be much longer, but I assume you just didn't have enough time for that. The graphics are very nice. The sound fx and music too. Gives a very pleasant mood, and it all fits the edgy isometric theme. The isometric view is also what makes this game unique. Very difficult to aim and see what's where. I think you could've made even more Esher like optical illusions with this. It would be very annoying to the player, but it would work if you had more levels, to make it really difficult at the end. So is the sky reflected in the water, or is the water the sky? Or is that a question better left unanswered?

269 Audio Reviews

I like synthwave. I'm learning more about it to try and make it myself. Unusual choice to pan the snare that far to the left. I guess it works because you've panned the tom to the middle. I would,ve panned the snare much more to the middle and the the tom a lot more to the right. The sounds you use are great. They all fit the synthwave style, and nothing seems jarring. I'm curious about the ideas you didn't have time for. I hope you'll later have the time to change this song, or use them for later songs.

AceMantra responds:

Thanks for the tip and the review! I'll definitely try it out in the future.
Unlike other projects, I might actually revisit this one and add some of the ideas that are still buzzing around in my head.

Thanks again! :)

Great song. Very energetic. That brass section is very funky and video game-like. The horse whinny is a nice addition.

endKmusic responds:

Thanks a lot SourJovis.
Love your entry too!
Cheers!

Great song. You can read a lot into the lyrics if you want. The autotuned voice makes of more fragile and emotional. It works well with the otter instruments and mood of the song. Good luck in the ngadm.

38 Art Reviews

Very nice. I like the waving palm trees, and how detailed it all is.

Arja responds:

Thank you!

Awesome! I'll have lookout for the game.

Looks great. Better than most of what you used to see back in the 16-bit era. Less stiff and angular. Still gives you that nostalgic feel because of the large pixels and careful use of color.

I make music for games, animations, short films, vlogs, etc. If you want me to make something for you, please contact me and we'll discuss the details.
I also write scripts, record sound effects, animate and voice act.

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!