View Profile SourJovis

45 Movie Reviews

Didn't know Sr Pelo, but now I've looked him up, this animation was very funny. You could've had even faster pacing, more shouting and strangely drawn frames to make it more in Sr Pelo's style but it's a good start. I like the way the father is drawn. Makes you wonder if he's naked.

Crashgen responds:

Thank you for your sincere words lol.

Looks and sounds great. I like the message. So true. Feedback is great. It's good to reflect upon. Often it's best ignored though, because it's just a difference in taste. If you create something artistically there will always be people who tell you to change it. But there will also be others who like what you made exactly because you did all of those things the first one didn't like. So I suppose you should just trust your own instinct, know you can't please everyone and hope for like minded people to find your art.

I've found your's.

SoraNgin responds:

Agreed! And thank you for the kind words! :)

That was a funny animation. Good facial expressions. Audio could be cleaner. Animation was good enough. Voice acting was good. Thanks for making me smile.

32 Game Reviews

Great game! I love the humor. It's much better than you would expect from the artwork alone. At first glance it looks like any ordinary troll game, but it's actually very polished, and the gameplay is great. I also like how you put a lot of effort in making this game cinematic. The jokes wouldn't work any other way. I truly enjoyed playing this.

OOGIDIBA responds:

Thanks! I spent way too much time on the cut scenes haha. It's good to hear people are making it to them!

Great! I like the Gorillaz music. It looks a bit too much like mega man. The main character in any case. I think you should change the graphics a bit more to make it look more unique. Also I think the jump sound should be longer. You should definitely make this a full game. I'd help with the 8-bit music if you want.

I like this game. It could easily be much longer, but I assume you just didn't have enough time for that. The graphics are very nice. The sound fx and music too. Gives a very pleasant mood, and it all fits the edgy isometric theme. The isometric view is also what makes this game unique. Very difficult to aim and see what's where. I think you could've made even more Esher like optical illusions with this. It would be very annoying to the player, but it would work if you had more levels, to make it really difficult at the end. So is the sky reflected in the water, or is the water the sky? Or is that a question better left unanswered?

280 Audio Reviews

Congratulations on making it to the next round of the NGUAC! I like the eighties sound. Very phat drums and bass. The synths, percusion and other instruments are super funky. Great animation you made to go with this. I like pixel art. It feels a bit weird how some things have black lines, others dark lines and some, no lines. I think the style could've used some more consistency. Other than that it looks great. The keyboard that appears on the screen is a nice tough.. Good luck in the finals!

Sounds very cool.Doesn't sound very experimental to me, but maybe I'm too open minded. Reminds me of the album Random access memories by Daft Punk, but less dancy, more funky. Not as mainstream, yet very pleasant accessible sounds. I like the free flowing drums. Lots of unexpected things happen in this song, it all works. It's like a free flowing river that just takes you along. I don't hear the errors you mentioned. I won't mind if you keep them in.

ChrisisD responds:

Thanks for your kind words and even more so with the comparison to Random Access Memories. Most of the errors I was referring to, are timing issues. Couple in the guitar and drums.

Congrats on making it to the final round of NGAUC. Well deserved. Very professionally produced track. Good you put the lirics in, because I wouldn't be able to understand them otherwise. Great structure overall. The bridge at 2:55 is really good. I like the short notes at 3:07. It's the variations like that that keep it interesting.

TSRBand responds:

Thanks so much! I appreciate the review. I'm glad you like the little twists like at 3:07 those are fun to put in :)

40 Art Reviews

It's great! Looks very difficult to make. I understand you gave up working on it many times, but I'm glad you finished it in the end so we got to enjoy it. The music that goes with it also sounds fantastic. It really fits. Congrats on winning Pixel Day's best art!

Great to see the character come to life. Very well drawn. I like the cool colours and the futuristic style.

Troisnyx responds:

Thank you! Yeah, when I first drew her I thought, "Pico is orange / green, Nene is pink, Darnell is purple / yellow, what's the missing colour? Blue---" and then set about to draw her with that colour primarily. Glad that colour and that look kinda stuck; this is the refinement of that first drawing.

Very nice. I like the waving palm trees, and how detailed it all is.

Arja responds:

Thank you!

I make music for games, animations, short films, vlogs, etc. If you want me to make something for you, please contact me and we'll discuss the details.
I also write scripts, record sound effects, animate and voice act.

Bart van Zon @SourJovis